Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Two days in one

Being as it is the end of the semester, and exams are abound, getting on here to post my training is a little difficult. Here are yesterday's and today's sessions:

Nov 30:

Gripper training - Same as day before, for 3 ladders from CoC Trainer to 1.5, 4 reps per set.

Warm-up: 24 kg KB - Same as day before. Really like this setup.

Ataturks: 24 kg KB - 5 per side, 2 presses per position. Have been playing around with reps and weights. Whatever is happening, my strained shoulder muscle is gone, and my pressing is going up. That simple.

Rows - 32 kg & 24 kg KBs (in one hand). 2 sets of 6 reps per side, explosive reps. These are getting very light. Were supersetted with, as always:

Teeth Lifts - 2 x 16 kg KBs - Sets of 6 before, around, and after rows. 5 sets total.

That was it.

TODAY'S Training:

Gripper Training - Resistance ladders, 4 reps per set left and right, from CoC Trainer to 1.5. Threw in some singles with CoC 2 at the end of the first 2 ladders. Followed up third ladder with a chocked gripper ladder, from Trainer to CoC 2, 4 reps apiece.

Presses a la RTK - 32 kg & 24 kg KBs, both with 5 lbs. ankle weight hanging off of handle for awkward balance - 3 ladders, 5 rungs, switching arms after each ladder. Was easier than I thought it would be. Think new split is working to my benefit. These were supersetted with:

Pullups - 20 kg & BW - Spread before, during, and after pressing ladders. Performed a single with 20 kg, then immediately followed with a double with only BW. Same as before, heavier weight for strict single, and lighter weight for explosive power, going as far past the bar as possible. Pulling power is going up as well, so this new mix is also working.

Snatches a la RTK setup - 24 kg KB - 4 ladders, 3 rungs, of 2/4/6. Very easy, once again, with the focus on dialing in my lifting form as much as possible.

Power Breathing - 1 set of 5. I press my upper thighs and heels together as hard as I can as I do these, trying to pull my entire abdomen into my groin as I breath out. Get the same effect as doing Janda situps. I love this exercise.

That was it. A protein shake, a shower, a steak, and bed. Keep tossing the iron, Comrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment