Saturday, November 14, 2009

I like new things

Working in conjunction with Josef from the DD forums, I am playing around with some unfamiliar training styles that I am really starting to enjoy. His and Adam Glass' materials are what keep me a hopeless addict of the iron sports, and is one addiction I am more than happy to have.

Today's playtime:

Gripper work - same as Nov 12, with one less ladder.

Warm-up

Ataturk Getups - 2 ladders, alternating L & R each get-up, with one press per position, up and down. Laddered weights, instead of reps, moving from 16 to 24 to 32 kg in the ladder progression. Was not able to press in all positions on the second set with the 32 kg, so I decided to end it there. This is new territory, and I am loving it.

Double Swings + Cleans + FSQs - 2 x 24 kg, for 9 swings, 6 cleans, and 3 FSQs (with a pause at the bottom position), as one giant set, twice. These demand almost too much oxygen, and will leave you puffing. I love them.

C & P - 2 x 24 kg - Easy 10 sets of 5. My pressing only thrives from high volume, no matter the weight, so I am returning to my roots in that, and am alternating these easier volume sessions with heavier pressing from RTK. Not sure what will come from this, but will keep posting about it.

Double KB Deadlifts - 16 + 24 kg per hand - 2 sets of 20, straight from RTK. I love deadlifting, and find, as always, I thrive on higher volume. Am aiming to shatter my still longstanding record of 23 reps with 315, no belt, and only chalk, set in a competition with a guy carrying 50 more pounds than me at the time. I had only deadlifted once 2 months before that, and had not touched a barbell for DL for 2 years before that. These sets were easy, and will have to find some more weight to attach to my kbs.

That's it, that's all. Now going to have a large meal, and go party it up at a friend's birthday party.

No comments:

Post a Comment