Sunday, November 15, 2009

I like Snatches

Ha ha ha. Pull your minds out of the gutter. Anyways, here is today's fun:

Gripper work - 2 resistance ladders upto CoC#2, 4 reps per set until the last, which is just for a nice long single. 2 more resistance ladders, only to CoC 1.5, with it chocked to just past parallel grips to work on the crush, which is the only thing stopping me from closing the 2.5 (a few mm to go).

Warm-up: A couple of sets of BU C&P + FSQ. Did it with just 2 16 kg KBs. First time doing double BU anything. Will play with this some more.

Ataturk Getups - 2 L & R, 5 presses per position. Done with only 16 kg. Got lots of blood moving though the shoulders, and I love how the ultra slow get-ups challenge the whole body. My obliques and trunk stabilizers are loving it, and it is correcting my posture along with the double KB presses.

C & P - 32 and 24 kg KBs - 5 x (1,2,3) ladders, switching KBs after each complete ladder. Even after the getups - the presses were easy. The ladders are done as per RTK, and the other sets of C & P are done long-cycle, one clean per press. FSQs followed the last set of each ladder, 5 reps apiece.

Rows - 24 + 32 kg - 2 sets of 5 per side. Maximum range, with a quick strong pull. Easy sets, and I love rows. Along with DLs, these are my strong-point.

Teeth Lifts - 24 kg + 10 kg - I use a rope attached to the KBs, and hold it between my teeth. I clamp down on the rope, keep it off the ground, and from a bent-waist position, perform neck-work. 5 sets of 5 interspersed between sets of rows. The combination seems to work.

Snatches - After all of that, was not smart enough to call it quits, so using the RTK setup for the C & J, I did some easy snatches with the 24 kg, for 3 ladders of just (2,4,6) per side. Focused on hip snap and punching through at the top. With my shoulder, I always play it a little too safe with snatches, but will move to the 32 kg for a bit of a challenge.

That was it.

No comments:

Post a Comment