Friday, May 21, 2010

Midnight KB Mayhem

Stress and insomnia can result in some strange things on occasion. Tonight was one of them.

Understand this: Biofeedback training is for real. It will unlock the magnificent potential of muscular power that only the Strongmen of yesteryear knew and enjoyed. And it is SO SIMPLE you will have to shake your head at the wasted time following all of the past routines and protocols. And the best part of all is that if you follow it honestly and correctly, it can ONLY provide results.

Tonights carnage:

Grippers - CoC 2.0 7x3 reps L/R straight sets, no ladders.

Cleans - 40 kg for a set of 10 per side as a warm-up.

TGU - 170 lbs full single with L & R, L side having an Armbar thrown in at the end for good measure. Heavy Armbars are one of my keys to upper back stability for heavy pressing and TGUs. Got a full TGU with 180 lbs to top it off. It was HEAVY. At that weight, you HAVE to have your lats activated, your shoulder screwed down and secure, and a grip on the bell like it is trying to kill you. Because it is. Was suprisingly stable to maneuver under.

Teeth lifts - after warm ups to save my neck from potential injury, I nailed 5 singles of a min of 5 seconds each with 60 kg plus an additional 10 lbs. These, as always, were supersetted with rows.

One-arm Bent Rows - started off with HEAVY partials with 270, from arms length to just below having my upper arm parallel to my torso, for a set of 6 each side. Teeth lifts seperated each set. Then backed off to 240 for a set of 6 then set of 4 for each side.

Double MP - did these with 2 different KBs, a 40 and 24 kg. Instead of following RTK protocol, I just let my body lead the way. Resulted in 6 total sets, alternating the KBs each set, for a set of 6 and 2 sets of 5 each side. Just to be clear: I would have the 40 kg on my L and the 24 kg on my right for a set, then switch on the next. I terminated each set as soon as the rep speed slowed any. The same for everything else.

That was it. Once again Biofeedback training has left me with my jaw on the floor. Oh, one thing I forgot to mention: for my TGUs, I do not proceed with any weight I cannot Floor Press into the start position. So I guess I can add a 180 lb Floor Press to the mix. Damn....

No comments:

Post a Comment